Sunday, September 25, 2011

Luxurious melon fail

I'm a little miffed that the weather's so beautiful these days... Did we really need to have that little mini two-night cold snap that brought on those dreadful frost warnings? I still had such high hopes for my luxurious melons that, despite my amateur planting skills, were actually doing well! The heat we've had over the weekend, and the warmth predicted for this upcoming week would have been the perfect finishing temperature for my little garden protégés. Alas, the frost came, and I made the executive decision to pick the biggest of the melons to see if there was any hope of me witnessing the luxuriousness promised by the seed package back in May...


Sadly, it was all melon but in taste... The texture was beautiful and the smell was a promise of what a few more days of warmth would bring. But it barely tasted of anything. Waaaaaah! I don't remember why I thought it important to leave the rind from the slice I sampled in the photo. Perhaps out of bitterness for what may have been. Stupid unpredictable nature. I'm a tryin' again next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment